Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mazen's Reastaurant

A GreatRestaurant, actually two GreatRestaurants, located in Lake Charles, and Lafayette, Louisiana.

Mazen's was recommended to me by a friend who knew of my love for great food and thought that I would love it. She was right and I have been eaten at Mazen's many times since then. They call themselves a Mediterranean & Continental Restaurant. What I can tell you is that there is a clear Louisiana influence on the food.

Mazen's has an amazing menu that offers an incredible selection. Everything that I have ever had at Mazen's has been at least very good and most things have been wonderful. They offer fresh fish served several different ways and a nice selection of beef, lamb, duck, quail, and veal dishes. Many of their appetizers reflect their Mediterranean heritage. It's not on the menu, but regulars often request the fried asparagus appetizer that many find to be irresistible.

Their wine list done the way I like to see a wine list done. They offer plenty of very reasonably priced yet very drinkable wines while also offering a decent selection of higher end wines for those who desire them. They are very open to you bringing your own special bottle(s).

When I was first introduced to Mazen's there was only the one restaurant in Lake Charles. A couple of years ago the owner sent one of his head chefs to Lafayette with instructions to recreate their Lake Charles masterpiece there. I have been to both and while I probably still prefer the Lake Charles location, the Lafayette location is just as good.

Mazen's is a GreatRestaurant. Every time I am in Lake Charles, I make an effort to eat there. I recommend that you try it if you are near either Lake Charles or Lafayette.

Check them out at http://www.mazens.com/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment