Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Introduction

Some people eat to live. I live to eat. I have been accused of planning my trips based on where I want to have lunch and dinner. There may be an element of truth to that accusation. I love great food and I adore GreatRestaurants. I go out of my way to find and try new restaurants, new foods and new wines.

This blog will share GreatRestaurants, outstanding recipes, and wonderful wines.

GreatRestaurants may be simple or fancy, they may be cheap or they may not be. In some cases they may be more expensive than many would choose but in most cases they are not breathtakingly expensive.

Some are dives, pretty much just holes in the wall; others are real showplaces. Many are just very comfortable places that make you feel good about being there.

Almost all offer at least good service, many provide great service, and a few provide no service. None of them tolerate bad service.

What all GreatRestaurants have in common is that I like them, I like them a lot, actually I adore them. I have been to every GreatRestaurant that I will list and discuss. And if given a chance, I will go back to them again, and again, and again.

The Not-So-GreatRestaurants are the ones that don't meet my standards or who slip from being a GreatRestaurant to being a Not-So-GreatRestaurant. I will occasionally discus these Not-So-GreatRestaurants but my emphasis will always be on GreatRestaurants.

The reason that I have decided to start this blog to share my restaurant experiences with my friends. If you are not a friend of mine, well, that’s ok. Try a few of the restaurants that I have declared to be a GreatRestaurant and decide for yourself if our taste in food and restaurants is similar or not. If so, then great, you will have a new source of restaurant recommendations, if not, then simply find another blog to read.

I will also share recipes that I enjoy and wines that I find to be both delicious and a good value. With any luck you will find these recommendations to be useful too.

I will try to post my thoughts on at least a couple of dozen GreatRestaurants fairly quickly. After that, I will try to add new GreatRestaurants as I am able to do so. We will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment