Thursday, March 26, 2009

La Choza




A GreatRestaurant located near the main square in Cozemel, Mexico.

One of the local SCUBA dive masters told me that her favorite place to eat was La Choza. I sincerely appreciate her recommendation. I only had lunch there but the food was delicious and the service was great. The dishes I tried were well seasoned with a delicious combination of spices but were not "hot".

Every day they offer specials. They usually have several selections. If you order one of the specials, it comes with several courses. This is a great deal and is how most of the locals order. The specials change from day to day so you should ask about them when you are there. The ones we tried were great and very reasonably priced.

I don't know if it was part of the special or part of every meal but they served a wonderful appetizer dish while we were waiting for our lunch. I guess it was the equivalent of the chips and salsa that is often served in Mexican restaurants in the U.S. but it was much better than chips and salsa. It was really good.

If you want the best deals price wise you must convert your dollars to pesos before you eat at a restaurant, and then pay in pesos. A lot of the stores will take dollars at a reasonable exchange rate but both the restaurants I tried in Mexico converted the bills from pesos into dollars at a very unfavorable rate. I had pesos one time and didn't have them the other time so I learned the hard way.

La Choza is a GreatRestaurant that is a must go if you are in Cozemel.

Check them out at http://www.lachozarestaurant.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment